Sealing cord HOT ROD XL
The seal cord is absolutely not absorbent, compressible material, able to withstand chemical solvents such as gasoline, kerosene, machine oil, etc., chemically inactive, does not absorb moisture, does not give off air and does not stick to mastic. It is used for laying into the seam and creating the following conditions:
- control of the depth of mastic laying;
- formation of a geometrically correct form of the mastic;
- reduction of air and moisture escape from the joint (bubble formation);
- ensuring proper operation of the mastic in the operation process;
- ability to use as a temporary technological protection of the joint from dirt, dust and moisture.
Important for the customer! The full corporate name of the product "Sealing cord HOT ROD XL" is always present in the shipping documents of genuine products, which greatly simplifies the identification. In addition, you can always call us to confirm the authenticity of the delivered sealing cord HOT ROD XL.
- Scope: technological joints of airfields coatings, roads, bridges.
- Certification: FATA, GOST, ASTM.
- Compatibility: Compatible with most polymer-bitumen mastics of hot application.
- Composition: extruded low density polyethylene.
- Installing the cord into the camera: the cord should be 15-20% wider than the joint chamber. Installing into the joint of inappropriate size can lead to malfunction of the cord.
- Temperature characteristic: up to + 200°C when sealing. (Visual test for heat resistance)
- Sealing cord TU 5772-003-62799976-2011
Sealing cord for the HOT ROD XL seams comes packed in handy cardboard boxes. This is good for starting work at once. Do not stretch the sealing cord during installation.
Cord box appearance Ø 38,10-50,80mm
Cord box appearance Ø 9,52-31,75mm
Sealing cord appearance HOT ROD XL
Stitches in fresh concrete should be sealed no sooner than seven days after laying the coating itself.
After cutting the chamber of deformation joints it is necessary to clean the joint from the products of concrete destruction and dust with the help of the brush machine and compressed air, to lay polyethylene sealing cord for joints into the joint chamber using seaming roll and perform priming of chamber walls by airless spray of primer material or by rubbing primer with a brush. Number of reciprocating brush movements "in trail" should not be less than five. It is not allowed to apply primer on damp surfaces.
The final step is filling the joint groove with hot curing sealant. The sealant must be heated to operating temperature with the boiler with special indirect heating, forced mixing and temperature control.
The joint is filled with sealant evenly to the bottom edge of the chamber. If necessary, to avoid leakage of the sealant at the ends of the joints, attachable formwork should be used. Sealing of the joints must be carried out in dry conditions at ambient temperatures not lower than + 5°C.
In applying the sealant with tack temperature of at least + 50°C, to meet the requirements of GOST 30740-2000 “Sealing material for airfield pavement seams", it is necessary to provide additional measures recommended by the manufacturers or suppliers of the sealant (as an option - powder sealant surfaces in the joint with cement).